[lbo-talk] Sub-prime crisis in Kansas City

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 4 14:59:52 PST 2008

Jordan Hayes wrote:
> John Thornton asks:
>

>> Does anyone doubt that poor people of color were targeted more
>> often that poor white people?
>>

> I'm not so sure, because if there's one thing those guys like it's
> money, and there's a LOT more poor white people than there are poor
> non-white people.
>
> Why limit yourself to one kind of poor?
>
> /jordan

Targeting poor blacks more than poor whites isn't limiting yourself to one kind of poor. It targets both but unequally based on racist criteria. Since the extent of this mess is still unknown we don't have reliable data to show this conclusively but I'd be willing to bet that when the data becomes available it will support this idea. Would be be willing to bet otherwise?

John Thornton