[lbo-talk] Dennis Perrin on the ecstasy of the Dems

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Fri Jan 4 18:25:43 PST 2008

At 01:00 PM 1/4/2008, you wrote:
>Wojtek:
>

>The Obama-bashing on this list is yet another reminder of the sad
>truth that if the left wants form a firing squad, it forms a circle.

>Oh thou blockiest of blockheads!
>
>There's a difference between "bashing" and simply looking at a thing
>with both eyes wide open.
>

>Is Glen Ford, who's written carefully and extensively about Obama's
>shortcomings, also part of this "firing squad"?

heh. i haven't read Dennis yet but, boy, last night after a long day, I turned on the tube, having forgotten all about Iowa. haven't been following the horse race, only enough to assume Clinton was still in the lead and it was a done deal. Was I surprised. When I saw her coming in behind Edwards? Woah nelly.

But then I listened to clips from his speech where he said something about how he's a candidate that goes beyond nation, blah blah, followed up by, "and that can only happen in the u.s." IOW, just another way of saying "the u.s. is the world."

What that has to do with being pissed he's not a leftist -- eh? whoever thought he'd be? -- I don't know. And what it has to do with being pissed that he's beholden to the corpocracy -- again, it beats da chit outta me. I'm more interested in Obama's message as a form of neo-liberal imperialism.