[lbo-talk] Dennis Perrin on the ecstasy of the Dems

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Sat Jan 5 07:07:26 PST 2008

Dennis Claxton

Obama has the politics of a typical Black American? Is it typical Black American politics to say race doesn't matter?

^^^ CB: Yes, when talking to white people. Especially when trying to please them , get their votes.

The typical Black American is a Democrat, and votes for white Democrats, like race doesn't matter.

^^^^^^^ CB: By the way, before this thread, both my brother and sister were telling me that they prefer Edwards to Obama. Of course, one reason is that they don't think Obama can win because he's Black, but also because Edwards is espousing a more progressive agenda than Obama. We will be shocked if Obama wins the nomination, and even more so if he wins the presidency. A lot of Black people think he will be assassinated if he wins too far.