[lbo-talk] further evidence of Obama's bogosity

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sun Jan 6 10:29:14 PST 2008

On Jan 6, 2008, at 12:53 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2008, at 12:37 PM, Shane Mage wrote:
>
>> "Bogosity"??? What can this word (not in any dictionary) mean?
>
> <http://devpit.org/jargon/html/B/bogosity.html>
>
> bogosity: /boh·go´s@·tee/, n.
> 1. [orig. CMU, now very common] The degree to which something is
> bogus. Bogosity is measured with a bogometer...

Ach, so! Last nite, during a break in the far more interesting Jaguar- Steeler debate, I took a glimpse at the Dumbocrats in New Hampshire. There was the Radical Populist Mr. Edwards bloviating (a word coined by a greatly misunderestimated statesman, Warren Harding) about what a great model fighter for the People was Teddy Roosevelt, that arch-chauvinist ultraimperialist Nobelist. That screaming sound from behind the TV must have been the bogometer destroying itself in a fit of ultimate despair.

Shane Mage

Remember the Maine/Lusitania/Pearl Harbor/Tonkin Gulf/9-11