[lbo-talk] Obama & the unions

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jan 6 10:48:04 PST 2008

On Jan 6, 2008, at 1:37 PM, Julio Huato wrote:

> Yesterday though, Edwards and Obama joined forces against the
> candidate of the "status quo":
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-dQ4U-sRUI

[from a special Sunday edition of The Note]

Suddenly Clinton was alone, angry, and lecturing. The words themselves don't do the moment justice, but here they are: "I want to make change, but I've already made change. I will continue to make change. I'm not just running on a promise of change. I'm running on 35 years of change."

ABC's Jake Tapper sees it as The Moment. "Frankly, I don't even really understand what she was saying. What I was getting was how angry she is. Not about an issue, so much, as about the fact that Obama is beating her," Tapper writes. "The clip, I predict, will be played again and again and again." (Naturally, it was YouTubed before the debate was over.)