[lbo-talk] Brit model Naomi Campbell interviews Chavez, calls him "rebel angel"

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 19:22:06 PST 2008

The Putin thing is pretty comical for the same reason it's hilarious when Bush goes around in his cowboy duds loking like the Marlboro man, when he's "just tending to his ranch," like Putin here "was just fishing." I mean, the guy, who has a reputation as kind of a thug, is shirtless in camos walking down a river. I think it's as funny as when Dubya is busy clearing brush in his cowboy costume, or when Kerry was in hunting fatigues. ("He wa sjsut hunting. What? WHAT!?") But you seem pretty defensive of it. *shrug*

Mussolini got pretty hot, too, I hear, had to remove the ol' shirt. What?

-B.

Chris Doss wrote:

"I don't think there has ever been a Russian government (except for that of Stalin during the war) that was popular both in Russia and the United Statessimultaneously for any extended period of time."