[lbo-talk] None of the above ?

Eric rayrena at realtime.net
Tue Jan 8 14:25:59 PST 2008

>Not so far. The turnout in Iowa was a record, and this is from The
>Note this AM:
>
>> New Hampshire Deputy Secretary of State Dave Scanlan told ABC News
>> that turnout is "absolutely huge, and towns are starting to get
> > concerned that they don't have enough ballots."

I haven't paid attention to the actual numbers this time, but hasn't it become a ritual to talk about huge turnout, overwhelmed polling places, etc? That's what people said during the 2004 general election, but the anecdotal evidence was completely wrong, no? Wasn't turnout was the same -- or even slightly below -- 2000?