[lbo-talk] Dept. of WTF: Protesters demand Hillary iron their shirts

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 18:45:43 PST 2008

Obama may be perfect for the moment, but he's even more perfect not getting elected to do any of that stuff to begin with.

I simply don't see a country that could seriously entertain a "President Huckabee" or the undying McCain, (among many, many, many other things) as one that would elect a black man with a name like Barack Hussein Obama any time in the near future, no matter how many motivational, rhetorically dazzling talks he gives. So, he may be perfect for privatizing Social Security, etc., but he won't ever get that opportunity.

-B.

Dennis Perrin wrote:

"As I've said, Obama is perfect for the moment."

Doug Henwood wrote:

"Yup. Who better to launch an austerity program, privatize Social Security, and lead a 40-year war against the Muslim world?"