[lbo-talk] Obama-mania: where is the true danger?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jan 9 11:29:22 PST 2008

On Jan 9, 2008, at 12:41 PM, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> When, for example, Creflo Dollar (wiki the name if you're unfamiliar)

Liza & I actually went to one of his events at Madison Square Garden. (We were the only white folks in the audience, by the way.) It was the most extraordinary and weird thing. People spoke in tongues, but all Creflo spoke about was money. He wanted them to give him some, and in return, God would shower them with prosperity someday. He actually said that even if your baby needs new shoes, give him the money, and God will take care of the infant's feet. And one by one, people streamed up and dropped cash and checks in Creflo's jar. It was intensely depressing.

Doug