[lbo-talk] Obama secretive about funders

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 9 12:20:42 PST 2008

Doug Henwood wrote:
> [I recognize the "Pritzker" name - oh yes, that Obama is so anti-
> corporate - but any Chicago people recognize the others?]
>
> LIST OF CHICAGO HOSTS OF THURSDAY CHICAGO FUND-RAISER
>
> Robert Blackwell, Neil Bluhm, Peter C.B. Bynoe, Frank Clark, Les
> Coney, Jim Crown, State Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias, Joe Gutman,
> Bruce Heyman, State Comptroller Dan Hynes, David Jacobson, Steve
> Koch, John Levi, Charles A. Lewis, Cindy Moelis, Quintin Primo, Penny
> Pritzker, Jim Reynolds,
> Robert Rivkin, Desiree Rogers, John W. Rogers Jr., Alan Solow, Lou
> Susman, Tina Tchen, Grace Tsao ‐ Wu, Jim Tyree & Anne Wedner

Is that Blackwell Sr. or Jr.? If Jr. he runs a IT firm. He's black if it matters. His family supports the Arts in Chicago.

Unlerss of course it's the other Robert Blackwell who attacked and injured an aid when he found out he wasn't listed on a flight manifest out of Kuwait while he was there pimping for Allawi. That Blackwell is a Rep. thug, and white, who served as a Foreign Relations adviser to both Bush administrations.

I imagine it's the first Blackwell but I hate to admit I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter.

John Thornton