[lbo-talk] let Nixon guide you

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 23:39:01 PST 2008

That ad reminds me of the often-overlooked cute 1999 political-ish comedy _Dick_, especially the part where Kirtsen Dunst's adolescent character has a romantic fantasy wherein Richard Nixon (played well by Dan Hedaya) comes charging for her on a white horse up the beach, reaching out to her. I re-watched Dick recently & realized there were more SNL and Kids in the Hall folks involved than I'd remembered.

Couldn't find the Nixon-on--a-white-horse-on-the-beach dream sequence clip on YouTube anywhere, unfortunately. Possibly the best scene in the movie.

-B.

Shane Taylor wrote:

"From the discord of overstimulated youth to a quiet beach stroll, by Nixon's faithful hand. Take his hand, and walk into the light. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu-FBinGck8"