[lbo-talk] me on Kuttner's latest

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 09:01:08 PST 2008

> On Jan 11, 2008, at 9:34 AM, Dennis Claxton wrote:
>
> >> Parents spend just three minutes a day talking to
> their kids.
> >

> > Unbelievable. I could never talk to my nine year
> old again and beat
> > this average over a lifetime. Where did you get
> this info?
>
> I'm spinning that a bit - it's talking to kids as an
> exclusive
> activity, not including while washing the dishes or
> something. But
> still, Ivan's two and I talk to him a lot more than
> that every day!

[WS:] I do not think there is much spin in it. 3 minutes talking to children, 3 minutes reading to children, 1.31 hours taking care of children altogether and and 2.58 hours watching the fucking TV - it is insane!

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs