[lbo-talk] Classist t-shirt of the day

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 11 11:54:34 PST 2008

That doesn't sound right. I went to CA just a few years out of High School. I checked Retail Slut out online and they started in 1983 so I'm going to ask them if they had such a shirt back in the mid-'80's. I have a tough time imagining I am getting 1985 confused with 1992 or '93 by which time I had already left the Navy. I met my SO in 1994 and the shirt was long gone by then. I also know that the line did not originat from that film. It was in Blue Velvet in 1986. Several years before Pacino uttered it Dennis Hopper did. I would however believe I acquired it in '86 or '87.

John Thornton