[lbo-talk] the blogging revolution reaches its full potential

berber carpet bomb berber.carpet.bomb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 13:48:19 PST 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 3:25 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2008, at 3:14 PM, Dwayne Monroe wrote:
>
> > Jezebel is a strong contender but at the risk of inciting stabby
> > violence I'll admit that sometimes (often!) its tone seems closer to
> > being a platform for Drunk and Cranky 2.0 than anything coherently
> > feminist. But then again, is that (feminism) even the intention?
>
> Hard to say. But the drunkest and crankiest of them, "Moe," once
> called herself a "dirty Marxist," for what that's worth.
>
> Doug

oh. it's jsut so wild though. i didn't realize that, when i saw all these bloggers pointing at jezebel, it was a gawker platform. (i didn't bother to click the link and read). so, now gawker can just do, what is it?, vertical marketing -- drilling down in each online demographic category. people orient themselves to the top dog and they keep linking and linking and linking. top dogs make all the cash, little dogs keep trying. meanwhile, dilution for the rest. not that anyone was really listening. oh, and the blood that will be drawn.

i need some more popcorn and snowcaps.