[lbo-talk] Ron Paul is a pro-life, anti-evolution Republican

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 09:35:55 PST 2008

When it comes to state clampdowns on civil liberties, Paul talks a good talk. When it comes to corporate/private sector restrictions on free speech/privacy and the like, however, what I hear is the same old Libertarian Party stuff -- property-holders and corporations have a right to do it because of King Property.

As far as candidates who are anti-drug war, again, isn't Kucinich one of those? Willie Nelson endorsed Kucinich, so I'd think so. So, again, why ... Paul? Surely not because he has a blimp that has its own blog.

Also, I don't understand why it is considered somehow sleazy or below the belt that the newsletters that bore his name have been brought up. HOW DARE PEOPLE LOOK INTO THAT. What is so shady about bringing that up? Why is he such a golden boy? (No pun intended re: his obsession with going way back to the gold standard.)

-B.

martin wrote:

"One possibility is that his (Paul's) libertarian politics would suggest the end of the 'war on drugs' under his presidency. That issue has seen little discussion here that I recall.