[lbo-talk] Neo-Lamarckianism???? Come on!

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 14 19:41:15 PST 2008

Dennis Claxton wrote:
> John wrote:
>

>> I'm not a physicist but one physicist I do know extremely well says the
>> exact same thing so I'll assume I'm on pretty firm footing.
>>

> That's very scientific of you.
>
> Who said this (there's a big hint in the quote itself)?
>

>> I have found there is a wonderful harmony in the complementary
>> truths of science and faith. The God of the Bible is also the God of
>> the genome. God can be found in the cathedral or in the laboratory.
>> By investigating God's majestic and awesome creation, science can
>> actually be a means of worship.

If I have a question about the physics concerning the possibility of a god who better to ask than a physicist? A priest perhaps?

That quote is nice but where is the science to back it up? Lets quote Dr. Collins a bit more shall we?

"But reason alone cannot prove the existence of God. Faith is reason plus revelation, and the revelation part requires one to think with the spirit as well as with the mind. You have to hear the music, not just read the notes on the page. Ultimately, a leap of faith is required.

For me, that leap came in my 27th year, after a search to learn more about God's character led me to the person of Jesus Christ. Here was a person with remarkably strong historical evidence of his life, who made astounding statements about loving your neighbor, and whose claims about being God's son seemed to demand a decision about whether he was deluded or the real thing. After resisting for nearly two years, I found it impossible to go on living in such a state of uncertainty, and I became a follower of Jesus."

So not only is god real but good ole' JC is his main man. Does the good doctor know what constitutes "strong historical evidence"? I think not since JC's existence doesn't fit into that category. Unless of course you have "revelation" to help make up for the lack of evidence. Think with the spirit, not just the mind, and all will come clear? I'll stick to thinking with my mind thank you.

This just demonstrates what I posted earlier, that if you do the correct mental gymnastics you can believe in god, JC or anything else you desire to believe in.

If you or anyone else wants to believe in god it's none of my concern but don't claim science backs up a belief in the supernatural. It doesn't. That's why it's labeled supernatural.

John Thornton