[lbo-talk] Neo-Lamarckianism???? Come on!

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Mon Jan 14 20:11:06 PST 2008

>> Name one thing we know that is incompatible with such
>> a belief.
>>
>> Good luck.
>

> Are you asking me to name one thing we know is incompatible with the
> idea of a god?
>
> A non-physical consciousness that transcends time...

This may well be true of the monotheist's God. But the idea of that god, despite its majescular honor, is only one among a vast variety of gods none of whom claim such transcendant status. Our ancestors worshipped very physical gods.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...it consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos