[lbo-talk] Writers' strike

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 15 00:33:45 PST 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 8:53 PM, John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> It doesn't do anything for my blood but then I'm a cold heated bastard.
> You seem to equate my ambivalence to hostility.
> They chose to strike over something I oppose so nothing you could write
> will stir me to fall in love with this strike.

This typically happens. For example, I expect many environmentalists were less than enthusiastic about supporting striking autoworkers.

I'm not thrilled that someone'd love to throw me in jail for simply downloading the books and media I want. But if this world's predatory decisionmaking is going to stay constant over a labor strike, might as well support a more equitable distribution of the income.

Tayssir