[lbo-talk] Neo-Lamarckianism???? Come on!

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 15 09:44:07 PST 2008

Chris Doss wrote:
> --- John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> A non-physical consciousness that transcends time
>> and gravity violates
>> most of what we know concerning physics.
>>
>> No physical form, no neurons. No neurons, no
>> thoughts. No thoughts, no
>> consciousness.
>>

> There are so many unexamined presuppositions, and such
> lack of knowledge of the history of philosophy,
> evident in this statement I don't even know where to
> begin. I'm not going to bother.

Good because an argument based on a history of philosophy won't solve the problem. Did you forget your original question? I'm showing how god violates our understanding of science today. Not metaphysics or philosophy. You claimed god didn't violate it and I demonstrated how it did. Perhaps you believe metaphysics is science?

John Thornton