[lbo-talk] Neo-Lamarckianism???? Come on!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jan 15 11:39:52 PST 2008

"C. G. Estabrook" wrote:

> Good, because theism is a metaphysical (that is to say philosophic)
> conclusion. It is the unknown answer to the question that the universe
> by its existence poses. To say that God is the reason/cause that the
> universe exists is to say nothing about how the universe exists, which
> science investigates.

I'm playing around a bit here.

Suppose that we accept the answer to Why Something? as God (the Creator).

What kind of status does the following question have?

Does God create by a free act of will, or does God create by necessity?

The latter answer of course 'takes care' of the 'problem of evil."

Carrol