[lbo-talk] Neo-Lamarckianism???? Come on!

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 15 14:57:46 PST 2008

>C. G. Estabrook wrote:
> > [God] is the unknown answer to the question that the universe
> > by its existence poses.
>
>This is just meaningless..... The universe does not by its existence
>pose any questions. Questions are the product of human inquiry,
>human minds. Questions do not exist
>divorced from human minds.
>
>John Thornton

And this is just goofy. He's saying the universe poses a question to the human mind.

>"I do not believe in a personal God. All that my work has shown is that
>you don't have to say that the way the universe began was the personal
>whim of God."
>
>Steven Hawking

'God does not play dice'.

Albert Einstein

Einstein was wrong when he said "God does not play dice". Consideration of black holes suggests, not only that God does play dice, but that He sometimes confuses us by throwing them where they can't be seen.

Stephen Hawking

I think that it's important for scientists to explain their work, particularly in cosmology. This now answers many questions once asked of religion.

Stephen Hawking