[lbo-talk] A Mac in my future

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 16 10:42:21 PST 2008

Doug wrote:

>This is one thing that Kunstler is very right about - the ugliness of
>so much American product is really telling.

I'm guessing he also says it wasn't always so and he'd be right.

Last week I picked up a used copy of "Twentieth Century Design" from the new Oxford History of Art series. That's a great series with lots of illustrations. I was leafing through looking at all these pictures of cool sound equipment and furniture, much of it designed right here in the good ole USA. Then there's a section about Levittown and I'm thinking you can date the beginning of the ugliness of American product from there.