[lbo-talk] Neo-Lamarckianism???? Come on!

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Thu Jan 17 13:01:47 PST 2008

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 07:38:06AM -0800, Chris Doss wrote:

> OK. So, how will you use the scientific method to
> determine whether there is life after death? I believe
> the National Enquirer will give you a reward if you
> succeed.

How do you define "death" in such a way that it is NOT synonymous with "the point at which life ends"? I thought that was the definition of "death".

The American Academy of Neurology has a paper on determining Brain Death:

http://www.aan.com/professionals/practice/pdfs/pdf_1995_thru_1998/1995.45.1012.pdf

and those tests were certainly developed under the rigor of the Scientific Method.

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com

Yet, Freedom! yet thy banner, torn, but flying, Streams like thunder-storm against the wind.

-Lord Byron