[lbo-talk] hmm, and I thought it was talk therapy that was ineffec tive!

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 07:59:32 PST 2008

Well in my case it did have positive effects in that 1) it did (I think) produce long-term changes and 2) in the short-term (several weeks) it produced an "I'm on top of the word ma!" state, which certainly terminated the depression. However since that state is indistinguishable from a manic episode, from a thereauptic point of view you are simply trading one disorder for another. Although the second disorder is much more pleasant to have. :)

I'm amazed I got through that period without getting beaten up, I was such an asshole. I wouldn't have cared if I had gotten beaten up though. It is simply impossible to feel bad in that state.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping