[lbo-talk] Robert Reich turns icky

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 20 07:23:29 PST 2008

Michael Perelman <michael at ecst.csuchico.edu> wrote: I just sent in a review of the book to Choice. I was shocked by the book, which was a paen to capitalism, calling for a bit of regulation, but then saying that the political cards were stacked, preventing any progressive measures. Don't even think about reviving the New Deal.

However, Judt's reply offers no concrete alternative. Reich's argument, to me, is no more objectionable than calling a heavy drinker an alcoholic. His prescription however -- dividing our political side from our economic -- is idealistic.

BobW -- Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University Chico, CA 95929