[lbo-talk] celebrity capital in Africa; Bono not involved

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 22 10:11:21 PST 2008

At 09:54 AM 1/22/2008, you wrote:
>[Though Bono *is* on Capitol Hill today, fresh from Sundance, and on
>his way to Davos.]

Yesterday I watched bits and pieces of the Leonard Cohen documentary/tribute concert "I'm Your Man". Bono was one of the talking heads. He really has a messianic streak a mile wide. Towards the end of the movie he said "let's get serious" and went on about Cohen's genius and how very few people walked on the same ground as he. It sounded stupid by itself and especially when compared with what other people were saying.