[lbo-talk] indicator

Seth Ackerman sethackerman1 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 22 10:11:01 PST 2008

Doug Henwood wrote:

>Ok I'm starting to get calls from journalists about The Turmoil. In
>the past, this has been a sign that we're getting close to the end of
>a panic. We'll see if it works this time...
>
>I'm going to be on Al Jazeera this afternooon. I'm rather tickled.

Doug, there's such a thing as being too anti-catastrophist. House prices still have a long way to fall, banks will write off more debt. Even if the economy doesn't fall apart - even if there's no recession at all - this certainly isn't the end of the financial turmoil. A month or two ago, you were saying the panic was all an August thing and now it looked like it had worked itself out.

Will you be on AJ English or AJ Arabic? My dad's in the Washington bureau of the English service....

Seth