[lbo-talk] Lenin in Fremont

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 21:03:02 PST 2008

Cute picture.

I was not aware that this monument is still for sale. The tourist blurb does not really do full justice to the ways locals attempt to make Ilyich feel included in local life. Favorite gestures include:

--covering him with holiday lights, usually red, at Christmas time

--supplying him with Groucho glasses and nose for April Fools'day

--occasionally providing him with various loud pink attire for Gay Pride.

I do not really maintain an up-to-the minute Lenin watch; he does not appear to be going anywhere and I like this better than an obligatory grad school trip viewing of The Stiff.

Dorene Cornwell Seattle WA