[lbo-talk] jottings on the current conjuncture...

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 10:50:32 PST 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 9:43 AM, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> One should not comment on those things one does not
> know the basic facts of.
>
> It's further down:
>
> The new electoral laws are designed to neuter rump
> liberals and communists alike.

This it is hardly a statement made in ignorance of "basic facts"

cf: Russia's Managed Democracy, Perry Anderson, LRB http://www.lrb.co.uk/v29/n02/ande01_.html

and more a debatable interpretation (which you have ably debated) than something on which we should heap scorn. No cites from "current, primary sources" in the footnotes, but he does seem to be keeping current on some of the literature anyway. Maybe we can arrange to give him a test or something to see what he actually knows.

> His factual errors are legion.

That seems a bit ad hominem. Maybe you can come up with some specific ones for us to include on the test to see if he's learned from his mistakes.