[lbo-talk] McCain too liberal for Coulter

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 20:52:16 PST 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 11:27 PM, Bill Bartlett <billbartlett at aapt.net.au> wrote:

> I don't know who this Anne Coulter is, but I can't help but love her.
> There's something special about someone who has the gall to blather
> on like this.

I admit that I too would find her endearing, in an Edith Bunker sort of way, if not for her annoying delusion that she's *hot.*

She shares this fantasy with a number of her followers, who I can only imagine grew up without much pop-culture exposure.

See this, for example:

http://forums.realitytvplanet.com/viewtopic.php?t=40205

Closer to reality:

http://mparent7777-2.blogspot.com/2007/07/ann-coulter-to-oreilly-im-more-of-man.html

I don't like to think I'm superficial; some of my biggest political influences have little in the way of looks, to put it mildly.

But there's something patently annoying about a public figure who clearly fancies herself a sex symbol, when for those who have some reasonable basis for comparison, she's nothing of the sort.