[lbo-talk] UC London study: Job-related stress literally can kill you

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Jan 23 21:40:49 PST 2008

B. wrote:
> Work-related stress can kill, study finds
>
> By Michael KahnTue Jan 22, 8:24 PM ET
>
> LONDON (Reuters) - Work really can kill you, according
> to a study on Wednesday providing the strongest
> evidence yet of how on-the-job stress raises the risk
> of heart disease by disrupting the body's internal
> systems.

I brought this very subject up with my sister this morning after I had to get up at 7am to take her to work so I could go to a job interview later in the morning. As somebody who doesn't have to punch a clock and keeps late night geek hours, the alarm clock has become a foreign thing to my life.

Waking up this morning was especially jarring for me, so I brought this up with the sister. What kind of physical damage does the process of waking up to an alarm clock do to a person over the course of their life?

Chuck