[lbo-talk] Obama, Clinton and the occupation

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 24 13:59:35 PST 2008

C. G. Estabrook wrote:
> "None of the other candidates in the mainstream have spoken out for Palestinian
> rights. The only ones who have taken forceful positions opposing the current US
> strategy are Dennis Kucinich on the Democratic side and Ron Paul on the
> Republican side. The mainstream are all perfectly comfortable with the war
> crimes that Israel is committing, no matter how much they talk about human
> rights elsewhere.

I thought John Edwards had spoken out in favor of working with AMC (American Muslim Council) a group harshly critical of Israel's apartheid policies that supports Palestinian rights. I know he's otherwise rather Pro-Israel. He favors Israel's entry into NATO and has denounced Hamas but his affiliation with AMC has angered many since they label AMC a terrorist group since it defends Palestinian rights to self defense. He's disgustingly hawkish with regards to Iran and has too often made comments claiming Syria and Iran heavily influence Hizbullah. Has he distanced himself from his associations with AMC recently? I wouldn't be shocked if he had.

John Thornton