[lbo-talk] recession severity

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jan 24 19:06:01 PST 2008

On Jan 24, 2008, at 11:19 PM, Eric wrote:

> I wonder if perhaps this is the crisis that produces
> neoliberalism's successor.

You may be right. I don't by the end-of-America stuff, but it does look like our accumulation model might require at least a tune-up. That's going to take a different attitude toward state action.

I'm wondering if the Bill Gates "capitalism must be nice" rap signifies some kind of shift from a Gilded Age consciousness to something like a Progressive Era kind - though without the influence of the strong left of the late 19th century.

Doug