[lbo-talk] Lenin in Fremont

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Sat Jan 26 13:46:17 PST 2008

Charles Brown wrote:
> "The statue was controversial and remains so -- especially to
Russian
> immigrants. It's as if someone erected a sculpture of a Klansman in
the
> deep South
>
> &&&
>
> More like someone put up a sculpture of John Brown in the deep South
>
> John Henry

I thought that was an odd analogy when I read it. I didn't quite get it, Lenin = Klansman? None of the Russian or Czech immigrants I know feel this way.

John Thornton

^^^^^^^

CB: Yep , the Klan was definitely anti- Bolshevik, and the Party was anti-Klan. Scratch a redbaiter and find a race hater.

In _The Great Debaters_ Denzel plays a Party member.