[lbo-talk] recession severity

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 26 14:03:12 PST 2008

It's always during my birthday (Jan 12) so I get my friends to treat me to dinner at the Blue Nile while we're up there. I much preferred the older location in Greek Town to it's Ferndale home. The first time we went there I had a friend who was shocked that no silverware was offered. He insisted on having some type of eating utensil so they brought him a large serving spoon from the kitchen. Most of the staff came out to see the waitress present him with the spoon. I didn't make it this year unfortunately due to illness. Not mine but two of my regular traveling companions. Too bad since Chinese manufacturers were there this year and I would have loved to see their stuff.

John Thornton