[lbo-talk] Obama's post-partisanship

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jan 27 07:02:24 PST 2008

[from Obama's victory speech last night - the Clinton's may have been cynical and hypocritical in their criticism of Obama, but this bit is pure horseshit]

We're up against decades of bitter partisanship that cause politicians to demonize their opponents instead of coming together to make college affordable or energy cleaner. It's the kind of partisanship where you're not even allowed to say that a Republican had an idea, even if it's one you never agreed with. That's the kind of politics that is bad for our party, it is bad for our country, and this is our chance to end it once and for all.