[lbo-talk] was SC a Clinton victory?

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Jan 28 00:47:44 PST 2008

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008, the Note was quoted:

> Unless -- as is often the case with the former president -- Bill
> Clinton was operating at a level mere political mortals cannot hope
> to understand, playing chess while we've been watching checkers.

Is there any grounds for this? IIRC, Clinton advised half a dozen high-profile campaigns since he left office, and every single single one cratered spectacularly, most notably Gray Davis and the attempt to unseat Jeb Bush (which cratered so badly I can't even remember the guy he tried to boost in what seemed to be the most fertile ground imaginable after the 2000 election fraud). AFAICT, he's the kiss of death as a political consultant. The only one he was ever able to successfully advise, the only one whose electoral talents and weaknesses he really understood, was himself.

Michael