[lbo-talk] The Independent:

cb at lim.nl cb at lim.nl
Tue Jan 29 04:00:48 PST 2008

The two faces of Amis MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

A friend (cb at lim.nl) has sent you an article:

The two faces of Amis http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/features/the-two-faces-of-amis-774978.html Martin Amis's tiny blonde daughter answers the door to their vast Primrose

Hill house, beaming and waving ? and then, a moment later, the 58-year-old

novelist appears behind her, with his sad, semi-scowling face sucking on a

roll-up. He leads me through into his front room, a huge, swollen nest of

books: paperbacks, hardbacks, fiction, histories. This is where the novels

that thrilled me as a teenager ? the bitter genius of Money and London

Fields, the novels that distilled the 1980s ? were born. This is where we

are going to have to discuss The Race Row.