[lbo-talk] Volga roadtrip

Peter Lavelle untimely_thoughts at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 11:08:49 PST 2008

I have been to Nizhny - it is run down. However, for me at least, it was something akin to the heart of Russia - raw and determined.

Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote: I've never been to Nizhny, but if it's a typical industrial suburb, "sprightly" and "colorful" are not the words to describe it. "Grim" is probably too much. But the writer is using loose, colorful travel-journalism language. Haven't you ever noticed that whenever a British journalist describes a foreign country, it's always "grim"?

--------------------------------- Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.