[lbo-talk] Urban wealth/ethnic stratification

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 30 18:18:31 PST 2008

John S Costello wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 4:04 PM, Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, tully wrote:
>>

>>> Anyone know of any cities where the elite are in the south or
>>> east and the working class are in the north or west?
>>>
>> Manhattan.
>>

> Seattle, too, I think.

I seem to recall this was true of Miami at one time but I'm unsure how it is currently. St. Louis used to have its wealthy in the south but now much has moved to St. Charles. In Dallas, Irving to the south used to be the wealth concentration. My current place of residence is divided so the ruling class resides in the south and east. North Little Rock is certainly working class. I imagine local geography is the deciding factor most of the time in determining the physical location of classes.

John Thornton