[lbo-talk] Chris is going to California

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 31 13:39:43 PST 2008

At 12:54 PM 1/31/2008, Chris wrote:

>It's been 8 years. So, SoCal LBOsters (I know you're
>out there), has anything changed? Should I expect to
>be shocked?

Try to fly into Los Angeles after dark. That's always a shock.

Off the top of my head here are three things that changed in the last eight years in Los Angeles.

Lots of people are moving downtown. Population in the city center has grown by 20% over the last two years.

The city has a Latino mayor for the first time since the 19th century.

Ronald Reagan doesn't live here anymore.