[lbo-talk] What's going wrong for the man who would be president?

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Thu Jan 31 14:37:39 PST 2008

Here's an "interesting" critique of Obama

CB ^^^^^ http://lists.econ.utah.edu/pipermail/a-list/2008-January/070014.html

What's going wrong for the man who would be president?

by Andrew Stephen

New Statesman (January 10 2008)

We at the New Statesman must take some of the blame, I suppose. Barack Obama had been a senator for just ten months in 2005 when we devoted a cover to his face, anointing him as one of ten people likely to have an impact on the world. It was only during 2007, however, that the American media fell head-over-heels in love with Obama; when he trounced Hillary Clinton in the Democratic party caucuses in Iowa on 3 January, it seemed that the electorate was swooning in a headlong rush to the altar with Obama, too. By the end of the first week of the 2008 presidential election year, the media had all but handed over the keys to the White House to him.

full at: http://lists.econ.utah.edu/pipermail/a-list/2008-January/070014.html