[lbo-talk] sprinting rightwards

sawicky at verizon.net sawicky at verizon.net
Tue Jul 1 13:07:11 PDT 2008

We really have no choice but to give him a chance.

With McCain we get zero chance.  We can do nothing

and he will win or lose without us, maybe because of

our abstention, maybe not.  So the best option IMO

(but check back with me next week) is to build a

supportive but content-rich critical voice that seeks

to bring strange ideas into the mainstream.

Ideal would be building independent organizations,

but nobody seems to know how to do that.  Supporting

trade unionism is a no-brainer.  With increasing union

density -- two, three, many Andy Sterns -- unions should

get more assertive and gain influence instead of attacking

each other and projecting dopey policy innovations.

A good question is why there isn't a radical equivalent

of Kos or Free Republic.  I think that would make a difference.

Anti-war.com is infected with libertarian and other strange

currents.  Z is pretty commercial and politically idiosyncratic,

IMO.  MaxSpeak is defunct and never amounted to a peehole

in the snow.  What else is there?