[lbo-talk] sprinting rightwards

Jim Straub rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 13:54:42 PDT 2008

> trade unionism is a no-brainer.? With increasing union
>
> density -- two, three, many Andy Sterns -- unions should

Blech! Shudder. Two, three, many SEIU's, UNITE HERE's, CWA's, yeah--- but let's not multiply our problems with Cmde Andy! Stern himself is a net negative by now, I think. Let's hope for retirement soon and pray Burger doesn't become the prez next. I'd take basically any major SEIU leader over Stern or Burger at this point.

I agree with the other thing- why isn't there a more left equivalent to Kos or Huffpost? On a local level maybe indymedia used to sort of be that (but does anyone read it anymore?), and Z is I guess that for intellectual anarchisty content, but neither even ever approached being a broad clearinghouse for the radical left. Maybe rad left's too fractious to even get together on the interwebs?