[lbo-talk] WSJ: Obama as Bush

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 09:01:06 PDT 2008

--- On Wed, 7/2/08, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Bush's Third Term
>
> We're beginning to understand why Barack Obama keeps
> protesting so
> vigorously against the prospect of "George Bush's
> third term." Maybe
> he's worried that someone will notice that he's the
> candidate who's
> running for it.

[WS:] Since when is WSJ so concerned about betrayal or progressive ideals by politicians? It looks to me like a right wing smear campaign to portray Obama as a fake and an impostor.

But even if these allegations were true, this would vindicate the "triangulation" strategy mastered by the Clintons. No openly liberal candidate has even a slightest chance of being elected in this staunchly fascist country. They only chance for liberals is to "triangulate" - appease a handful of liberals to get the party nomination and then turn around and appeal to the "center" to chip off enough voters from the conservative/fascist majority to secure an electoral victory. Obama - and ANY liberal Democrat - must play that game and bark with the pack or be lost (es evidenced by the wreck of McGovern's campaign in a much better for liberal time.)

Wojtek