[lbo-talk] Americans respond to $4 gas: drill drill drill!; on Iraq, confused

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 11:38:02 PDT 2008

--- On Thu, 7/3/08, Charles Brown <charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us> wrote:

> this country is fascist to its core and the majority of the
> population
> (anywhere between a half and two thirds in my opinion) like
> it that
> way.
>
> Wojtek
>
> ^^^^
> CB: Isn't this a new position for you, Wojtek ?

[WS:] Good question. I used to be against throwing such labels at the US, but lately something just snapped in me. There were several precipatating factors, I suppose - the Democrat support for Bush's war policies, right wing populism in Democratic primaries, popular capitulation to the oil lobby when gas prices reached $4/gal, the inability to learn anything but "give us more handouts" from the housing market debacle, my recent visit to Germany .....

I think Amerika is like an outhouse - it stinks very badly but people who stay inside get used to it and do not realize how bad that stench really is until they get out and then come back.

Wojtek