[lbo-talk] Growing moderatism in academia

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 12:58:29 PDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 12:06 PM, shag <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

> (joanna and catron:
> insider's resentiment.)

I resent very little, other than outright insults. I was very fond of most of my professors, left, right, and (the overwhelming majority) silent on such questions. I didn't, and don't, consider their roles in society more politically significant than those of the people who deliver my mail, maintain the power lines, steer the subways, or shelve books at the library.

I am perpetually amused by academics who apparently see some great revolutionary consequence in the things they do to earn their livings, but amusement and resentment are horses of considerably different colors.

Really, I think I'm much closer to Carroll in this discussion than the rest of you.