[lbo-talk] Power (Waiting for Foucault)

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Sun Jul 6 23:49:43 PDT 2008

>>> <lbo-talk-request at lbo-talk.org> 07/04/08 9:42 PM >>>
From: shag <shag at cleandraws.com> Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Power (Waiting for Foucault)

you, charles, joanna, and others who constantly babble on in substanceless ways re: the EBil Poe Moe remind me of students' common love of stroking their opinion. it's this weird frotteurism. i have my opinion, damn it. i don't have to have an argument that backs up my criticisms. i have an opinion on it, and he's wrong. and not only that, my opinion is sacred

man, sacred. i have a right to whip out my opinion and stroke it and love it and rub it all over everyone. see my opinion?! isn't it the coolest!? it is so sacred and cool. there, you need me to rub it right into the small of your back as we're riding the subway. hhhmmmmhhhhmmm. yeah baby. and all you people wanting to know why its Ok to rub my opinion all over everyone and stroke it like mad? well, i mean, obviously, you're followers of the Ebol Heidegger and Nazis and stuph! Now shut up while I spend the next 8 hours trying to make pecker tracks on the ceiling.

Substanceless! And then you go and write one of your typical exhibitionist pieces? Hey we haven't had anything about spit or swallow for about oh, 24 hours now. Actually, on second thoughts, that's probably how far your notion of substance goes.

I love this thread. -------------- next part -------------- All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/public/portal_services/disclaimer.htm