[lbo-talk] Heidegger

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Mon Jul 7 18:47:42 PDT 2008

It might come out of the big brouhaha when de Man and Blanchot's Vichy connections came up. I also suspect that there are a fair amount of folks who read Marcuse who have never heard of Heideggerian Marxism.

As an interesting sidenote, Gayatri Spivak once remarked in an offhand comment that it was a mistake to read Derrida as being in sympathy with Heidegger. She argued that is was an adversarial engagement.

robert wood