[lbo-talk] transit news

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 8 15:50:31 PDT 2008

You will get a lot less privacy in Amtrak now than a couple of years ago.

I ride Amtrak frequently and it is, imo. the best way to get around California's Central Valley for all the reasons you stated, plus the price. It seems to becoming more popular. One time when I took it to Fresno, it was standing room only.

The major drawback is that freight trains have priority and that can cause big delays - especially north/west bound. Plus the Amtrak train can't go to a lot of places and if that is the case, Amtrak provides connector buses. SR

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "Jordan Hayes" <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com>